Sunday, December 14, 2008

131. The Runaways - S/T

1976. I was 14 years old. My parents had just pulled me out of public school and sent me to Catholic high school for "my own good." One of the first friends I made in that school introduced me to the Runaways and that spark of of teenage rebellion that was lit the year before blew up.

Hello daddy, hello mom, I'm your ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-cherry bomb

Good girl gone bad. Turns out Catholic school girls were the last thing I needed for "my own good."

This album made me realize that girls could rock the hell out. The aggressiveness inherent in this record made me feel full of testosterone at a time I was being overrun by estrogen.

And hence began my fascination with being Joan Jett.

Favorite song: Cherry Bomb
Runaways on wiki

1 comment:

Solonor Rasreth said...

I think I've said all I want to about Joan Jett. If I virtually grovel any more at her feet, she'll start thinking I'm desperate...