Wednesday, November 19, 2008

55. Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet

I figured I'd get the two Jersey boys out of the way on the same day.

I don't like this album. I didn't like it when it came out and I don't like it even more now. I don't like Jon Bon Jovi. I don't like his hair. I don't like any music from New Jersey except the Bouncing Souls and maybe Glen Danzig, depending on my mood (Ok, that's a lie, there's a lot of good music out of Jersey).

But, you say, this is a collection of reviews from the music you own, right? If you hate Bon Jovi so much, why do you own this album?

Because.

Oh come on, you know why. Don't make me say it.

Fine.

It's because of Dead or Alive. This is how you measure a guilty pleasure song: does it make you burst out singing even when your heart and soul are yelling a big Darth Vader “Noooooooooooooooo!"? When this song comes on I am a fucking cowboy. Riding a steel horse. And when he gets to that part, oh yea you know what part, it’s all I can do to keep from pumping my fist in the air.

Cause I’ve seen a million faces.

And I’ve rocked them all.

Favorite song: Obvious.
A band from New Jersey that's not Bon Jovi

3 comments:

ThunderDolt said...

Unfortunately, now when Wanted Dead or Alive does make it on the radio, my 8 yo says "Hey, it's the Deadliest Catch song". Acting wasn't John's only contribution to hollywood!

Senthil said...

I threaten to boycott my subscription to ur blog which has lasted about 9 minutes based on the answer to this question?

Where do u stand on Bruce Springsteen?

michele said...

You don't want to go there...