Monday, November 24, 2008

73. The Dwarves - Blood, Guts and Pussy

I can't even count all the ways in which this band is offensive. But there's something so disturbingly fun about these guys and even though I almost feel guilty for liking them (really, just the early stuff), there's a satanic satisfaction about enjoying their music, the same kind of feeling I got when I palmed my communion wafer as a kid and fed it to the dog when I got home.

You know that kid your mother always warned you about, the one she told you to stay away from because he was nothing but trouble and his parents were drunks and he would probably grow up to be a serial killer?

That's the Dwarves, and this is the album that epitomizes it. Songs like Let's Fuck Back Seat of My Car and Insect Whore are all bad, bad news. In a good, good way.

Favorite song: Back Seat of My Car
Dwarves member who used to be in Queens of the Stone Age

No comments: