Sunday, November 30, 2008

95. Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream


I'm really not sure how I feel about the Smashing Pumpkins. I know that Mayonaise is one of my favorite songs ever and I know that I really don't care for Billy Corgan and I know that I have to be in a certain mood to listen to any other Pumpkins song than Mayonaise. They are just one of those bands I'll always be ambivalent about.

But apparently not ambivalent enough to not sit around drunk one night with some friends, forming a fake band whose sole contribution to pop music would be a tribute to Billy Corgan.

i wanna grab him by the neck
and lick his bald little head
and billy billy oh billy
how does it get so smooth
i've always had a thing for billiards
and licking you is like shooting pool
i'd like to give your head an old fashioned spit shine
because mr. corgan you must know
that you are only mine
billy corgan's head
billy corgan's head
god it's my obsession

i'd smash pumpkins for you
and maybe some watermelons
because i just got out of jail
where i was raped by felons


Yes, I still have that tucked away on a piece of paper.

We were really, really tequila drunk.

Favorite song: Mayonaise
Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins
By request: What if that guy from Smashing Pumpkins lost his car keys? (one of my favorite Stephen Lynch bits)

3 comments:

Carin said...

I love Mayonaise, but I'm also partial to Rhinoceros.

This would have been a good post to link that comedian who does the Billy Corgen bit about losing his keys.

Simon said...

I think I'm in love with you.
— @cleversimon

HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

I just have one word on this one: Gish.