Sunday, November 30, 2008

94. Jane's Addiction - Ritual de lo Habitual

My favorite Jane's Addiction album. I know most people prefer Nothing's Shocking, but I like the sparse feel of Ritual.

On the surface this album seems like catchy rock tunes, but underneath it's so much more. First time I listened to this I got caught up in the frenzy of Stop! and the groove of No One's Leaving and finally I got to Three Days and I knew it was going to be one of those songs that would stay in my head forever.

You ever dream that you can fly? You're floating aimlessly through the sky and then you're going higher and higher and you feel like you might reach the top of universe and then suddenly you're soaring straight ahead, rushing over trees and rivers and buildings, sometimes swooping down low and then pushing your body to go back up again and the world disappears below you and it's just you and the sky and you do a few pinwheels or somersaults in the air before you glide back down again, feeling refreshed and fulfilled and out of breath? That's Three Days, and it is the feel that encompasses Ritual de lo Habitual from start to finish..

Favorite song: Three Days
Official site

2 comments:

Cullen said...

This is my favorite Jane's album, too. Sure wish Dave Navarro hadn't weirded out so much lately though.

ahtitan said...

I agree with you on the awesomeness of Three Days. Completely blew me away the first time, and many times after that.